Walter Williams Hall
Walter Williams Hall then and now. [Left] Postcard of Walter Williams and Neff Halls, 1947 (courtesy of the UMC Archives, C:0/46/7). [Right] View of Francis Quadrangle from the Walter Williams tower, 2003.
Date designed: 1935
Date constructed: 1936
Date of dedication: May 10, 1937
Architectural consultant: Jamieson & Spearl
Named after: Walter Williams, creator of the first school of journalism in 1908, dean of the School of Journalism until 1930, President of the University from 1930-1934
Note: Walter Williams Hall is one of four buildings associated with the School of Journalism. In addition to Walter Williams Hall , the journalism school is comprised of Neff Hall, Gannett Hall and Lee Hills Hall.