Townsend Hall then and now. [Left] The completed Townsend Hall, southeast corner, ca. 1940 (courtesy of the UMC Archives, C:0/46/34). [Right] Townsend hall as seen from the Conley Garage, 2003.
Date designed: 1935
Date constructed: 1936
Date of dedication: Saturday, Nov. 21, 1936
Architectural consultant: Jamieson and Spearl Architects, St. Louis MO
Named after: Dr. Loran G. Townsend, Dean of College of Education from 1945-1963
Historical/alternate names: Education Building, Practice School, University High School/Elementary School, University Laboratory School