Swallow Hall then and now. [Left] Swallow Hall ca. 1920 before the tornado of 1931 damaged the building (courtesy of the UMC Archives: C:1/40/1). [Right] Swallow Hall as seen before 2000.
Date designed: 1892 Date constructed: 1893 Architectural consultant: M.F. Bell Named after: George Clinton Swallow, first professor of Geology, Chemistry and Agriculture; first Dean of the College of Agriculture; first State Geologist of Missouri Historical/alternate names: The Museum, Zoological/Geological Building, School of Business and Commerce