Lee Hills Hall then and now. [Left] Lee Hills Hall under construction (courtesy of the UMC Archives, C:1/83/9).
Date designed: 1991 Groundbreaking: Oct. 22, 1992 Date constructed: 1995 Date of dedication: April 18, 1995 Architectural consultant: Slaughnessy, Fickel, and Scott Architects, Inc. Named after: Lee Hills, who attended the Missouri School of Journalism from 1927 to 1929. In his long career, Hills worked as a reporter, foreign correspondent, news editor, editorial writer, editor, managing editor, executive editor, publisher and CEO of two major newspapers, the Detroit Free Press and The Miami Herald. He was also the first chairman and CEO of Knight-Ridder Newspapers (excerpt courtesy of the MU School of Journalism).